Monday 11 December 2023

Basel, basilisks, and Bowie.

The next few days we would make Basel our base as we visited several nearby towns. First up was an orientation trip of Basel. Somehow I'd never connected the Greek monster and the Swiss city before but the little monsters are everywhere.

One of the highlights of the walking tour was definately the red sandstone Basler Munster






We continued our walk around the old town with visits to several Christmas markets as well as some more modern points of interest. This was all we would really have a chance to see so I don't feel we really got the soul of the city. As I declared this, Matt took one big bight of the fondue to go (a baby baguette hollowed out and filled with lots and lots of melted cheese) and declared it wasn't for him. Clearly Basel has some EXXCELLENT points after all! 


I looked at looks of decorations but didn't really find any I loved. I did find some that gave me the grue.




The graffitti in 
Gerbergässlein was pretty cool.



Cooking Goals I will Never Achieve. I can't even begin imagining the work that has gone into this gingerbread masterpiece! 













No comments: